Assistant Preschool Teacher
The City of Oxford, Parks and Recreation Department is accepting applications for the position of Preschool Assistant Teacher. The typical hours are 9:30am-5:30pm, Monday through Friday, during the school year. Local Police, BCI and FBI background checks will be conducted prior to employment.
Qualified Applications must have:
- High School Diploma
- Prefer at least 2 years of experience as a teacher in a preschool program
- Knowledge of Ohio Dept. of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) Child Day Care Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in classroom management and curriculum development
Qualified Applications must have and/or willing to acquire the following within three months of employment:
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- Communicable Disease Training
- Child Abuse Training
Qualified Applicants will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Supervise and educate students in collaboration with the Lead Teacher
- Provide a safe, enjoyable educational experience for the students
- Assist in planning monthly curriculum by adding new ideas to engage students
- Utilize creative thinking to adapt lessons to the children's needs and abilities
Please submit application and resume by Friday, July 17
Salary: $11-13 per hour Depending On Qualifications
A City of Oxford application, available by CLICKING HERE, must be mailed, emailed or delivered to:
Oxford Parks and Recreation Dept.
c/o Ryan Himes
6025 Fairfield Road
Oxford, Ohio 45056
Please note position(s) of interest.